- 09-Nov-2016 to 03-Mar-2017 (MST)
- Boulder, CO, USA
- $85-90k Annual
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident Supplemental Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Flexible and Friendly Work Environment
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT NAMASTE SOLAR:
Namaste Solar is a 2016 Outside Magazine "Best Places to Work" award winner. Since 2005, Namaste Solar is a trusted designer and installer of PV solar systems for both residential and commercial customers nationwide. We do business differently. We pride ourselves on transparency (even salaries are disclosed) and giving back (we get four volunteer days per year, and 10 percent of profits are donated to local charities like homeless shelters or the Humane Society). We are committed to positive social change and prioritize "doing the right thing" above all else for all stakeholders. Namaste Solar is a Certified B-Corp (look it up!) and a WorldBlu certified democratic company.
Please review our website www.namastesolar.com to learn more about us. Understanding our unique culture will be as important as your ability to perform the job functions, so in your cover letter, please provide insight as to why this company would be a good place for you and what aspects of the business model appeal to you.
We are looking for a high-mojo individual to play the role of EPC Sales Representative. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop new business opportunities, sell EPC services, and create strong customer relationships in the Solar industry. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. The EPC Representative will report to the Commercial Sales Manager and will work closely with both the Sales and Operations Departments.
- Maintain a pipeline of high-value sales opportunities by building strategic working relationships with Developers and other key decision makers.
- Achieve or exceed strategic goals on a consistent and predictable basis.
- Negotiate pricing and assist in development of contractual agreements to close the sale.
- Develop and present price and scope proposals for a wide variety of clients.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with contract terms and delivery of contractual deliverables.
- Review design drawings and engineering deliverables.
- Manage the collection and organization of all project documentation, both internally and external for third party stakeholders
- Assist with subcontractor and vendor selection and project approach in tandem with development and operations teams.
- Compiling a "construction ready" project implementation package to the operations department.
- Develop trusting, loyal, and reliable long-term relationships with key customer decision-makers.
- Identify, understand, and communicate key client expectations to other departments.
- Leverage technology (i.e. SalesForce.com) to manage leads, track results, communicate targets, status, and engagement plans to leadership and other internal teams.
- Research, understand, and communicate relevant permitting and development requirements that affect PV System designs and the overall cost and viability of project opportunities.
- Be accountable for proposals, pricing / profitability, risk, terms & conditions, and customer satisfaction.
- Help to ensure that all construction/civil/land/technical standards are met in the project jurisdiction.
- Preparation of necessary materials for project hand-off to the operations department.
- Conduct site visits as required to evaluate site conditions and refine cost estimates (requires travel).
- Develop and manage relationships with subcontractors in multiple regional markets.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Participate in client meetings/presentations as required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 3+ years' experience in the commercial solar PV construction industry.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering, project management, construction management, or equivalent.
- Proficient at reading plans, specifications, drawings and bid documents.
- Familiarity with photovoltaic solar design and technical standards as well as civil and structural technical knowledge.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
WORKING WITH US
- We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embrace diversity in our work culture
- Position is full-time.
- Flexibility in where the position is based in the US.
- Salary depends on experience.
- This position will require travel up to 15% of the time.
- Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- We offer a path to become a co-owner of our business.
- 4 weeks PTO as employee/candidate and 6 weeks PTO for co-owner.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!