- 31-Jan-2017 to 27-Feb-2017 (MST)
- Boulder, CO, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident Supplemental Insurance, Paid Time Off, EcoPass, 401k, Flexible and Friendly Work Environment
About Namaste Solar:
Namaste Solar (www.namastesolar.com) is a nationally-recognized, award-winning, employee-owned solar company with offices in Boulder and Denver, CO, White Plains, NY, and Ventura, CA. Namaste Solar has helped commercial and residential customers reduce energy costs and meet sustainability goals since 2005.
We are seeking a Controller to support the company in all aspects of accounting. This person will lead the accounting team to provide accurate and timely financial reporting and work closely with the CEO, team leads, project managers, and other team members to convert various data sources into high-value information. We are seeking a values-driven leader who has both technical accounting skills and interpersonal skills to build relationships and help lead the accounting team. Significant experience in commercial construction / general contracting is strongly desired. The successful candidate will be coachable, collaborative, a quick study, IT savvy, have previous experience leading accounting teams, and a passion for renewable energy and progressive business practices. Our accounting team is based in Boulder, but we encourage team members to work from whichever office (Boulder or Denver) works best for them and their team. The position will report to the CEO.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and CPA.
- Master's degree a plus.
- 6-10 years in progressively-responsible positions in accounting, with a solid understanding with, and exposure to, construction accounting. A mix of public & private accounting preferred.
- Proven track record of strong customer service and effective management of support staff.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Must have a passion for designing processes and optimizing technology to improve quality and efficiency.
- Ability to convert data from multiple sources into high-value decision support information.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership of projects with high-quality results.
- History of building strong professional relationships and enhancing culture and employee morale.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial company in a dynamic industry. Embraces smart change.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to step back and see the big picture.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities and special projects.
- Sound written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in capital markets, including equity fundraising and private placements, a plus.
- Manages month-end close processes ensuring clean and accurate cut-offs, proper revenue recognition, balance sheet reconciliations, labor allocations, overhead postings, accruals and journal entries.
- Responsible for monthly and annual financial statements including review process and all work papers, schedules, and notes.
- Reports financial and operating results to various stakeholders, including shareholders, external investors, lenders and service providers by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial and operating data. Key deliverables include dashboards, executive summaries, and written narratives and reports.
- Helps prepare, analyze, and report budgets, forecasts, cash flow projections, and performs budget to actual analysis.
- Manages construction accounting and all accounting deliverables, including financial reporting, project cost reports, billings, collections, and revenue assurance.
- Manages the accuracy and processes related to day-to-day activities, including job costing, accounts payable, invoicing/billing, accounts receivable, fixed assets, labor utilization and overhead allocations.
- Must be meticulous at meeting deadlines, understanding priorities and proactively communicating financial and operational concerns and results to key team members.
- Reviews project cost reports and communicates recommendations to improve project deliverables.
- Works closely with team on work in progress schedules, revenue projections and forecasting. Promotes and recommends new ideas for improved profitability.
- Helps guide financial decisions and is a steward of company assets by designing, documenting and communicating systemic processes and internal controls to improve efficiencies and minimize risk.
- Participates in key strategic initiatives to help improve operational processes and support the organizational culture through optimizing technology and fostering an environment of innovation and adaptability.
- Strives to achieve operational excellence in all facets of the department and provides outstanding customer service to service groups and team members.
- Models the way with a strong understanding of the team's vision and coaches and supports others to success. Accountable for the accounting team deliverables and development.
- Oversees and ensures sales, use, and income tax compliance in all current and potential future jurisdictions.
- Works closely with CEO on equity fundraising, including investor reporting and compliance on potential future private placement equity offerings.
- Works closely with CEO and Finance Team on corporate finance matters, including the most effective sources and uses of capital and supporting the development of large-scale solar projects.
Working With Us:
- We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embrace diversity in our work culture
- Position is full-time, based primarily out of our Boulder, Colorado office, with the opportunity to work from our Denver office
- We offer a path to become a co-owner of our company
- Generous Paid Time Off: Employees and Candidates - 4 weeks, Co-Owners - 6 weeks
- Health and Dental insurance (covered at over 80% for employee)
- Free Eco-Pass to ride RTD buses and light rail
- Flexible work environment
To learn more about our progressive business practices, including employee-ownership, please visit our website at namastesolar.com.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!