- 02-Feb-2017 to 01-Mar-2017 (MST)
- Boulder, CO, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident Supplemental Insurance, Paid Time Off, EcoPass, 401k, Flexible and Friendly Work Environment
If your dream job includes solar energy, working outside and incredible work culture, we've got you covered. Come join a company that's leading the way:
In energy you can invest in your community by installing solar panels to increase our use of a renewable resource.
In construction you can work on job sites where honest communication is encouraged, questions are welcomed, and safety is prioritized.
In opportunity you can do work you love, learn about all parts of the business and become a co-owner.
We're Namaste Solar and we're in it for the long haul. We're investing in the long-term health of our communities and the environment by installing PV solar systems for residential and commercial customers nationwide.
We're looking for a new Solar PV Installer to join our growing team.
Solar PV Installer
The goal of this position is to do excellent PV solar installations with your team. Within six months to a year you'll be ready to lead an installation, become an apprentice through DORA and take advantage of the Namaste paid IEC classes.
More specifically, you'll:
- Ensure personal, crew and job site safety at all times
- Ensure quality solar PV installations based on system design specifications
- Ensure excellent customer experience and interaction
- Ensure all necessary materials and tools arrive to the job site
- Ensure that layout, roof attachment, racking and module assembly, combiner box installation, home run wiring, and voltage testing meets expected quality standards
- Assist with delivery of installation documentation in a timely manner
- Support tool management and proper maintenance of install vehicle
Working @ Namaste Solar
This job works Monday to Friday on rooftops all over the front range of Colorado, in all types of weather.
We want our work environment to be as strong as our mission. That's why we've become a certified B Corporation to show our concern for the triple bottom line (planet, people, profit), a WorldBlu certified democratic company, and won a "Best Places to Work" award in 2016 from Outside Magazine.
Some of the things we do for employees include:
- Pay for employees to take Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC) classes - as long as you pass the course
- Employee ownership program a year-long mentored journey to become a co-owner of the business
- Offsite retreats twice a year all co-owners, and anyone on track to become one, head offsite to learn and plan for the company's future
What We're looking for:
You'll thrive in this job if you're a good communicator and show leadership potential. Great communicators are honest and willing to ask for help when they need it. Leaders take pride in their work, anticipate the next steps of a job to reduce downtime and are looking for ways to improve our process. On top of these characteristics, we're looking for someone with:
- Experience working in construction
- Basic understanding of solar PV installation
- Understanding of tool use and familiarity with construction best practicesComfortably able to lift 50lbs, climb ladders, work with tools, and work on roof tops in varying temperatures
You don't need to have these, but you'll be even more prepared for the job if you have:
- NABCEP certification
- OSHA-10 safety certification
COMPENSATION AND TERMS
- Position is full-time
- Wage range is $13-$16 and DOE
- Based in Denver
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please tell us how.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!