- 06-Feb-2017 to 28-Feb-2017 (MST)
- Boulder, CO, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident Supplemental Insurance, Paid Time Off, EcoPass, 401k, Flexible and Friendly Work Environment
Namaste Solar is an employee-owned cooperative with a democratic, progressive, and unique work environment. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to play the role of Commercial Sales Representative. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop new commercial business opportunities and create strong customer relationships. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. The Commercial Sales Representative will report to the Commercial/Utility Sales Manager and will work closely with both the Sales and Operations Departments. This role can perform from either Denver or Boulder, Colorado.
Please include a cover letter.
- Develop and manage business partnerships with key commercial customers
- Compose proposals for commercial projects that lead to successful projects for all stakeholders
- Achieve or exceed strategic goals on a consistent and predictable basis.
- Develop and present price and scope proposals for a wide variety of clients.
- Develop and present conceptual array layouts for rooftop, carport, and ground-mounted projects in coordination with a front end design team.
- Contribute to the organization's success by guiding commercial solar prospects through sales cycle
- Manage the collection and organization of all project documentation, both internally and externally.
- Conduct analysis of clients' current and projected electrical usage and communicate viable options for beneficial rate changes.
- Compose and present financial analyses for potential clients including NTP, ROI, and cash flow that take into account situation-specific variables such as electrical profile, tax attributes, etc...
- Leverage technology (i.e. SalesForce.com) to manage leads, track results, communicate targets, status, and engagement plans to leadership and other internal teams
- Be accountable for proposals, pricing / profitability, risk, terms & conditions, and customer satisfaction.
- Help to ensure that all jurisdiction-specific requirements are met for each project
- Preparation of necessary materials for project hand-off to the operations department
- High and reliable lead to closing rate
- Conduct site visits as required to evaluate site conditions and refine cost estimates
- Negotiate contracts as needed with clients and have strong understanding of construction-related contract terms and conditions
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of solar PV construction industry
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, project management, construction management, or equivalent
- Proficient at reading plans, specifications, drawings and bid documents
- Familiarity with photovoltaic solar design and technical standards as well as civil and structural technical knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands
- High success in closing sales
- World-class client service skills, both written and verbal
COMPENSATION AND TERMS
- Position is full-time.
- Position is based in Boulder, Colorado
- Salary depends on experience.
- This position will require travel up to 15% of the time.
- Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- A company issued EcoPass to ride RTD buses for free.
- We offer a path to become a co-owner of our business
- 4 weeks PTO for employees and candidates; 6 weeks PTO for co-owners
Mission alignment will be as important as your ability to perform the job functions, so in your cover letter, please provide insight as to why this company would be a good place for you and what aspects of the business model appeal to you.
About Namaste Solar
Founded in 2005, Namaste Solar is an employee-owned cooperative and a leading solar photovoltaic (PV) contractor and consultancy based in Colorado. We provide PV design, engineering, installation, maintenance, and consulting services to residential, commercial, builder, non-profit, and government customers throughout the U.S. Our mission is to propagate the responsible use of solar energy, pioneer conscientious business practices, and create holistic wealth for ourselves and our community.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!