- 09-Feb-2017 to 28-Feb-2017 (MST)
- Ventura, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident Supplemental Insurance, Paid Time Off, Path to become a co-owner, 401k, Flexible and Friendly Work Environment
Commercial Project Manager
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT NAMASTE SOLAR:
Namaste Solar is a 2016 Outside Magazine "Best Places to Work" award winner. Since 2005, Namaste Solar is a trusted designer and installer of PV solar systems for both residential and commercial customers nationwide. We do business differently. We pride ourselves on transparency (even salaries are disclosed) and giving back (we get four volunteer days per year, and 10 percent of profits are donated to local charities like homeless shelters or the Humane Society). We are committed to positive social change, and prioritize "doing the right thing" above all else for all stakeholders. Namaste Solar is a Certified B-Corp and a WorldBlu certified democratic company.
Character and commitment to Namaste Solar's company mission will be as important as your ability to perform the job functions, so in your cover letter, please provide insight as to why this company would be a good place for you and what aspects of the business model appeal to you.
The Commercial Solar Project Manager is responsible for successfully implementing a variety of commercial solar projects in California. This will include managing the client relationship throughout the project implementation cycle and project closure phases, as well as coordinating all facets of the implementation phase and working closely with ourField Supervisor, vendors, and subcontractors. The Commercial Project Manager is an integral part of the Commercial PV Sales and Design team and develops project resource requirements and installation schedules.
- Ensure the successful, high-quality execution of commercial solar projects per contract.
- Full understanding of all prime contract and any and all sub-contract details, and ensuring that all requirements are met.
- Manage client relationship.
- Manage project cash flow, including invoicing client as well as paying subcontractors.
- Develop and manage project scope, schedule and budget.
- Coordinate project procurement, including materials and subcontracted scopes.
- Develop project-specific safety plan and ensure adherence by all personnel.
- Oversee design, permitting and inspections.
- Collaborate with Pre-Construction Engineer to negotiate and finalize subcontracts with subcontractors.
- Daily management of internal and external site resources (this will include both
- Namaste Solar and subcontractor personnel).
- Active management of any subcontracts and subcontractors.
- Prepare final project documentation.
- Ensure successful QA/QC and commissioning process.
- Engage in project handoff/closeout to customer.
- Prepare and coordinate "Lessons Learned" meetings that include relevant internal staff.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Solar industry experience
- Ability to work autonomously and self-directed
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Capable of performing a variety of tasks and "wear multiple hats", such as technical, management, development, external communications, problem solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Project Management and Budgetary software
- Ability to travel up to 30%
NON-ESSENTIAL (Valued but not required skills and experience):
- PMP Certification
- NABCEP Certification
- Commercial construction experience
COMPENSATION AND TERMS:
- Position is full-time and based in Ventura, CA
- Salary depends on experience
- Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Accident, Disability, and Life Insurance, 401(k) plan
- We offer a path to become a co-owner of our business
- Paid Time Off: Employees/Candidates: 4 weeks PTO; Co-owner: 6 weeks PTO
Sign Up For Job Alerts!